There is an art and craft to writing a memoir that connects with and reaches your readers’ hearts in a deeply meaningful way. It can also feel scary to get vulnerable and share the truth of your story, especially if writing a book-length piece is a new endeavor for you.
In this workshop, we will work together, sharing ideas and writing, in a safe, confidential creative group to move you forward on your project.
Whether you’ve got the kernel of an idea for a memoir or are partway through a draft, this live, in-person writing workshop will help you get started and make progress on writing a memoir that makes a difference to your readers.
There is so much to think about as you start to craft and write your memoir...
- Why are you writing it?
- Does your story even matter? (It does).
- Who are your readers?
- What do you want your readers to take away from it?
- How do you decide what to include?
- How do you structure it so that it connects with your readers and has the impact you desire?
- Where does your story start? End?
This workshop will help you answer these questions (and more) and provide a firm foundation as you plan and draft your memoir.
In this workshop, we will:
- Discuss what makes for a good memoir and the foundational elements you need
- Explore the life stories you want to tell
- Figure out who your story is for
- Clarify what’s in it for your reader and their takeaway
- Discover your point and get to the heart of your memoir - what it’s really about
- Explore potential structures and choose the right one for your story
- Review how to write powerful scenes - the piece that drives your narrative forward
- Start writing!
- Saturday, Oct. 15 from 10:00 am - 2 pm (includes lunch)
- Wednesday, Oct. 26, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, Nov. 9, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Spring Creek, Nevada in the classroom at All Things Holistic Wellness Center, 451 Spring Creek Parkway
$495 - includes a 45-minute 1:1 zoom coaching call with Amy to work on your idea development and structure & feedback on a piece of writing (up to 3k words)
$395 - no coaching call included
We will also have a community forum space to keep the discussion going between sessions.