In this interview, Abby Beauchamp and I discuss how she managed to write and publish a book in three months, while she was running her business full-time as a single-parent. It IS possible. She shares some great mindset shifts, concrete organizational tips, and ideas to get into the creative flow and connect with your intuition as you write.
If you know me, you might know that on the Enneagram, I’m a 7 and when I get an idea, I tend to run with it. I have no idea what my guest Abby Beauchamp is on the Enneagram, but I love that when she got her call to write the book, she did it. It took her a bit to drill down her topic, but once she did that, she was off and not only writing but also publishing. And now, she’s on her second non-fiction work.
While she shared quite a few gems in our interview, one of my favorites was when she said, “Own that you know something to share with the world.”
Even if you think you’re not a writer, you ARE an expert in something, and if you feel that calling to write about it, do it.
In this episode, we also discussed:
- the mindset shift it took for Abby to own her desire to write and actually do it while she was a busy business owner and single-mom
- her scheduling tip that allowed her to get it done
- how listening and being open to the messages she was receiving was key to her creative process
- three specific techniques for centering yourself to get in touch with your creative intuitive self before a writing session
If you’re ready to get your book going, listen in. Then, head on over to amyisaman.com/publish and register for the “How to Publish Your Book Q&A Series” with a pro editor, agent, and author.
Links Mentioned in the Episode
- Sign up for the Get Your Book Published Q&A 3-Part Series with an editor, an author, and a literary agent.
- Abby mentioned several videos demo-ing the “running dimensions” and “breathwork” exercises that she discussed. If you’d like those, send her a request on email to ReverseButtonBook@gmail.com and she’s happy to send them to you.
Connect with Abby
If you’d like to connect with Abby, you can find her:
Like the Podcast?
Are you a subscriber? If not, invite you to subscribe, so you’ll get notified every time a new episode goes up.
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher.
If you’re enjoying what you’re hearing, I’d be super grateful if you left me a review. Those help other creative souls find this show, and they’re fun to read! Click here to leave a review. Then, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” Thanks so much!
Stay Connected with Amy
Subscribe to the newsletter to find out about workshops, receive writing tips, and join co-writing sessions
Connect with Amy on LinkedIn.
Connect with Amy on Instagram.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links to help offset podcast production costs.