Ohhhh…THIS episode. It’s UH-MAZ-ING!! Yep. It’s that good because my guest is one of the wisest, kindest, and most generous of women shining her brilliant light on the planet right now. And yes, I adore Jane Conner that much!
Janet Conner has not only had a profound impact on my own life, spiritual journey, and creativity but on thousands of others’ lives with her book Writing Down Your Soul. In this interview, she shares the story of how she got started deep soul writing, the gifts and lessons it has given her through her 20+ years as a dedicated daily deep soul writer, and how we can connect with our own inner wisdom through the process of deep soul writing.
Oh, I could fill this whole page with incredible quotes from our conversation but here’s one that captures it beautifully:
“There are parts of me and parts of you and parts of all of us that are hungry for connection with the source of wisdom within whether it comes through prayer, meditation, deep soul writing, swimming laps, going for long walks in nature. There are so many ways to get out of your conscious mind and connect with the voice of wisdom within. And knw know that.”Janet Conner
We have all of our answers. Our soul knows what direction we should take, but we’ve got to actually ask the questions.
In this episode, we discussed:
- How Deep Soul Writing started – and there’s a puppy in the story!
- Examples of the connection between deep soul writing and deep soul reading
- Why getting your ass in the chair and writing is the MOST important step to connecting with your inner wisdom
- The power of questions to begin the conversation on the page. As she says, “it’s the inquiry that changes everything.” (around min. 28:00)
- Two key questions to get started with deep soul writing – because “when you let BIG questions lead the way, you open doors that you didn’t even know existed.” (around 35:00)
- Why a spiritual practice of positive affirmations and focusing on hoping for happiness is B.S.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Writing Down Your Soul by Janet Conner
- The Lotus and the Lily by Janet Conner
- Soul Vows by Janet Conner
- Find Your Soul’s Purpose by Janet Conner
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Wisdom of Not Knowing by Estelle Frankl
- Eternal Echoes by John O’Donahue
Connect with Janet Conner
Janet Conner is a prayer artist, deep soul explorer, and field guide in The Mystic. Her first book, Writing Down Your Soul, became a bestseller, opening a path to six more including The Lotus and The Lily, Soul Vows, and Find Your Soul’s Purpose.
When “Prayer Artist” came calling, Janet found herself writing a whole new genre of post-patriarchal prayers, redefining prayer altogether, and leading radically different prayer intensives. She completed the six-year run of her highly successful radio show, The Soul-Directed Life, to create a new kind of podcast, Praying at the Speed of Love, inviting authors to share intimate stories about their prayer lives. To make all this possible, Janet lives a quiet life filled with silence, solitude, and joy in the tiny town of Ozona, Florida on the Gulf of Mexico.
If you’d like to connect with Janet, you can find her at:
Like the Podcast?
Are you a subscriber? If not, I invite you to subscribe, so you’ll get notified every time a new episode goes up.
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher.
And, if you’re enjoying what you’re hearing, I’d be super grateful if you left me a review. Those help other creative souls find this show, and they’re fun to read! Click here to leave a review. Then, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” Thanks so much!
Stay Connected with Amy
Take the Quiz to find out your play persona and get started playing, creating, and enJOYing your life.
Connect on Facebook
Connect on Instagram
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links to help offset podcast production costs.