Jeff Harry is all about play, about following your joy and your curiosity to have fun and create what only you can create. This was such a fun conversation with an expert in play and positive psychology. Play and creativity go hand in hand, in fact, they’re really hard to separate.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- how Jeff defines play, which makes play super fun and easy at any age
- how to start playing, even if you don’t know how anymore (you actually DO know how and probably play way more often than you think)
- Two questions to ask your friends to help you add a little more play to your own life
- How discovering your favorite ways to play can also help you clarify your values and purpose
- What to do when that inner critic pops up and tries to stop you from playing
- How and why you can prime your day for creativity and joy
Looking for more episodes on Play?
- Episode 48 – Igniting Your Creative Spark Through Play
- Episode 34 – Love on your Inner Critic and Create
Connect with Jeff Harry
Jeff Harry shows individuals and companies how to tap into their true selves, to feel their happiest and most fulfilled — all by playing. Jeff has worked with Google, Microsoft, Southwest Airlines, Adobe, the NFL, Amazon and Facebook, helping their staff to infuse more play into the day-to-day. Jeff is an international speaker who has presented at conferences such as INBOUND, SXSW, and Australia’s Pausefest, showing audiences how major issues in the workplace can be solved using play. Jeff was selected by Engagedly as one of the Top 100 HR Influencers of 2020 for his organizational development work around addressing toxicity in the workplace.
His playwork has been featured in the New York Times, AJ+, SoulPancake, the SF Chronicle, and CNN. While we spend most of our time pretending to be important, serious grownups, it’s when we let go of that facade and just play, that the real magic happens. Fully embracing your own nerdy genius — whatever that is — gives you the power to make a difference and change lives. Jeff believes that we already have many of the answers we seek, and by simply unleashing our inner child, we can find our purpose and, in turn, help to create a better world.
If you’d like to connect with Jeff, you can find him at:
Like the Podcast?
Are you a subscriber? If not, I invite you to subscribe, so you’ll get notified every time a new episode goes up.
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher.
And, if you’re enjoying what you’re hearing, I’d be super grateful if you left me a review. Those help other creative souls find this show, and they’re fun to read. To leave a review, open up the podcast in your podcast player. Scroll down to the bottom
Stay Connected with Amy
Grab the Creativity Boosters to Amp up your own creative ideas so you can create your best work. This will subscribe you to the newsletter.
If you don’t want the boosters but want weekly updates, you can subscribe to the newsletter to get ideas, tips, and inspiration to get started creating and acting on those creative callings.
Connect on Facebook.
Connect on Instagram.