The call to create is a deep one, and it can be so scary to share, especially when we haven’t shared it with anyone and maybe have only started acknowledging it to ourselves. One of the first steps to moving forward with that dream is honoring it by owning and claiming it.
Do you have a book that you want to write? Or a creative avenue you want to head down, but you haven’t told anyone except maybe your bestie or your journal about this little (not so little) dream of yours?
This week on the podcast I share my story and fears of reclaiming and owning my identity as a writer and creative. It can be so incredibly scary to share those innermost dreams we’ve got, AND it can be so worth it.
In this solo episode, I talk about:
- How keeping our dreams to ourselves can keep them perfect
- How actually doing the thing might mess it up
- The good that can come from the messy parts of doing the work
- The ugly stage that every project ever goes through
- My own personal terror I felt when I publically claimed my voice and authority as a writer
- An invitation to claim your own creativity and share it
Click here to read a transcript of this episode.
Links Mentioned in the Show
- My very first blog post ever (it’s still “live”) where I declare that I am a writer.
Like the Podcast?
Are you a subscriber? If not, invite you to subscribe, so you’ll get notified every time a new episode goes up.
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher.
And, if you’re enjoying what you’re hearing, I’d be super grateful if you left me a review. Those help other creative souls find this show, and they’re fun to read! Click here to leave a review. Then, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” Thanks so much!
Stay Connected with Amy
Take the Quiz to find out your play persona and get started playing, creating, and enJOYing your life.
Connect on Facebook
Connect on Instagram