In this episode, I interview Bryan Collins, an author from Ireland who helps writers build authority and earn a living from their creative work. He’s published several books on becoming a writer and on writing productivity, as many writers want to write faster and produce more (myself included). While some of his tips are old friends of mine (and yes they help), Bryan offered some great strategies to keep going so you can ultimately write, “the end.”
In this episode, we discussed:
- The value of feedback & “practicing in public”
- That it’s easier to write fast when you’re writing what you really enjoy writing – not a shocker but it definitely bears repeating!
- His top three tips he has for writing more (from his book of 33 tips – which is a solid, quick read)
- You don’t have to type to write and how other methods help him write more
- The value of planning writing sessions
A few of Bryan’s Books that we discussed
Meet Bryan Collins
Bryan Collins is an author from Ireland who helps writers build authority and earn a living from their creative work. He’s also a former Forbes columnist and his work has appeared in publications like Lifehacker and Fast Company.
Connect with Bryan
Like the Podcast?
Are you a subscriber? If not, I invite you to subscribe, so you’ll get notified every time a new episode goes up.
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher.
And, if you’re enjoying what you’re hearing, I’d be super grateful if you left me a review. Those help other aspiring authors find this show, and they’re fun to read. To leave a review, open up the podcast in your podcast player, and scroll down to the bottom where it gives you the option to review the show.
Stay Connected with Amy
Subscribe to the newsletter to find out about workshops, receive writing tips, and join co-writing sessions
Connect with Amy on LinkedIn.
Connect with Amy on Instagram.