It’s a new year AND a new decade, so this episode is all about embracing being a beginner, especially when it comes to your creativity.
Being a beginner seems to have become my new “norm” this decade, so in this solo show, I share four basic “beginner principles” to help support you in starting and continuing with any new creative endeavors that might be calling to you.
Beginning a project or learning a new creative skill can be terrifying and hard. We’re not good at it. It can be uncomfortable to be crappy at something.
But it can also be SO much fun, especially if you accept that you’re a beginner.
In this solo episode, I talk about:
- Four principles that I’ve learned about beginning so many projects that have helped me keep going
- Some of my own beginner failures
- We learn in “pieces” and how that can impact our overall success
Click here to read a transcript of this episode.
Links Mentioned in the Show
- Episode 3 where I interviewed illustrator Ashley Bradley, my hand lettering teacher
- Subscribe to the newsletter to hear about upcoming programs mentioned in the episode.
Like the Podcast?
Are you a subscriber? If not, invite you to subscribe, so you’ll get notified every time a new episode goes up.
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe on Stitcher.
And, if you’re enjoying what you’re hearing, I’d be super grateful if you left me a review. Those help other creative souls find this show, and they’re fun to read! Click here to leave a review. Then, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” Thanks so much!
Stay Connected with Amy
Take the Quiz to find out your play persona and get started playing, creating, and enJOYing your life.
Connect on Facebook
Connect on Instagram