If you’ve found this page, somewhere you clicked a link to a blog post that focused on writing. And that blog no longer exists.
I wrote “how to write fiction” posts for years on a site called WhereTeensWrite; however, that site has been closed for a few years now, and I’m no longer in the classroom teaching Creative Writing, so that site and those posts have been permanently shut down.
However, I am still writing and refer to my favorite resources often.
I recommend all of the following books and websites to answer all of your writing questions.
You should be able to find exactly what you’re looking for on my fav writing website or in one of these books:
- Helping Writers Become Authors– This is an INCREDIBLE site and I highly recommend K.M. Wieland’s books too if you need help with your novel structure.
Best Writing Books
- Writing the Breakout Novel
- Outlining Your Novel
- Structuring Your Novel: Essential Keys for Writing an Outstanding Story
- Creating Character Arcs: The Masterful Author’s Guide to Uniting Story Structure, Plot, and Character Development
- The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Character Expression
- The Emotional Wound Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Psychological Trauma
- The Positive Trait Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Character Attributes
- The Negative Trait Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Character Flaws