Be the Heroine of your own Author Adventure
It’s time to drop the excuses, accept the call, and write your book!
Are you finally ready to write your book?
Do you have a solid why for writing? Something that will keep you going when it gets tough?
Do you have a minimum of two - six hours per week to devote to this process?
If you answered yes to the above questions, you're at the right (write) place.
I work with serious, aspiring authors who are ready to develop, organize, and write their nonfiction books and get their messages out there.
Maybe you've always had an inkling you'd write a book, but that dream has kept getting put off until "later."
Or, maybe you woke up to find that you've got a book that wants to come through you and be written, NOW.
No matter how your book idea arrived,
Now, it's time to act on that dream and start writing.
But, how the heck do you write a book?
Does any of this sound like you?
- You don’t feel like you’re a writer,
- You’ve no idea how to turn this baby idea into a whole book,
- You’re afraid of dedicating yourself to a project that might be a total and utter failure,
- You don’t know where to start or how to keep going, and
- How on earth will you find the time?
Imagine going from having no idea how to get your idea onto the page, to holding a book that you wrote and sharing it with others.
It is possible with the right support
I coach and aspiring authors who are ready to take their ideas from concept to a completed nonfiction book. I provide guidance and support, so you can write with confidence and enjoy the process.
When we work together, you get regular, weekly support and access to me as you write your book.
How to work with me:
Step 1: Schedule a Discovery Call to talk about your book project and fill out an intake form to give me some idea of your goals and struggles.
Step 2: Hop on that free 30-minute call, so we can chat about your book, your writing goals, and your concerns. We’ll also talk about how we will work together to get you to “the end” and make sure it’s a good fit before you commit.
Step 3: We’ll get started! If you decide to work with me, we’ll discuss the options and packages, and I’ll tell you the exact steps to get going. If you decide not to work with me or if we aren’t a perfect fit, I’m happy to share other resources to help you get what you need.
Step 4: Start making consistent progress on your book with one-on-one coaching and/or scheduled writing sessions and accountability!
My coaching packages are designed to meet you exactly where you are in your book writing process. After working with aspiring authors and publishing my own novels, I’ve designed a system that’s all about guiding you through starting and finishing your book. You can see details on the packages below.
$122 /one time fee
- Support expanding and choosing your book idea
- 1 hour zoom call
- You can schedule one per quarter
$600 /one time fee
- Onboarding call to review Foundations Workbook
- 3 coaching calls to discuss submitted work
- Personalized Feedback
1:1 Book & Writing
Custom packages include:
- 2-4 1:1 Coaching Sessions/month
- Developmental Editing & Feedback
- Voxer Support
- Packages start at $2800
* Book Foundations Pricing and Coaching Packages will be going up in price as of July 1, 2022.
Here's a look at the journey we'll take together!
Writing a book is a bit like taking a road trip, like we did in the seventies with an old John Denver 8-track for our entertainment.
It can feel like it just might take forever, but once you've got your route mapped out, gas in the tank, your fav road trip snacks, and an awesome playlist (more than that old 8-track), it actually ends up being pretty damn fun!
Commit to and develop your ideas
- Define & choose your genre
- Commit to your idea - yikes!
- Drill down your why
- Play with and grow or pare down your ideas
Clarify your book’s foundational pieces
- Define your audience
- Clarify and develop the point/theme of your book
- Identify and develop your character/reader transformation
Develop your Outline
- Create a clear outline/plan that will guide your writing, keep you on track, and help identify plot holes or areas that need attention before you're halfway done with your manuscript
Write the Book
- Set achievable goals and write regularly
- Get feedback/support as needed with weekly access to me through the Let's Write Club, my monthly membership.
Revise and Edit
- Big picture revision to clarify confusion and further develop your ideas/characters/plot
- Edit through paragraph and sentence level fixes
- Proofread and find all those sneaky typos
Publish and Share
- Write the blurb - back cover copy
- Write the acknowledgment, dedication, and any other interior copy needed
- Cover design
- Interior design/layout
- Hit Publish!
Whether you’re at the point of thinking, “Hmmm…I think I’m gonna take a trip” or you’re halfway to your destination but stuck at a nasty rest stop with no gas and a flat tire, I can help.
"Before working with Amy, I was hesitant in hiring a book coach for the simple reason of how can a book coach help me with my writing skills? And I did not know there was such a 'thing' as a book coach, and I never had feedback on my writing that helped me move in the right direction. I was also unsure of where I needed to go with my writing. I had ideas, but I needed guidance. The sessions, emails, and Voxer support kept me going because it helped me be accountable. The more we interacted, the more I learned about my writing.
Magically, Amy was able to help me with my life's journey as I was writing my book. She asked me questions that helped me to go deeper into my true feelings, which in turn, help me make my book stronger. I learned a lot about myself. Writing with her was surprisingly therapeutic! I was surprised at how she could read between the lines and help me go deeper into my story. And, I felt she truly cared because of her honesty, her interest in my writing, and her attitude. I highly recommend her to those who are in the process of writing a book or even journal writing or writing ideas to express their feelings."
~Lynette Vega, Educator & Author
"One of the things I value about Amy is her ability to ask me questions so that I can organize the bazillion thoughts cruising through my mind. Sometimes she sees and vocalizes connections I cannot, and other times she just keeps asking probing and clarifying questions until the ah-ha moment arises. I always leave my time with Amy energized and ready for another forward step."
~Dr. Brandolyn Thran, Educator & Author
If you're here, you've already got what it takes to write a book!
Let me assure you, you don’t have to have every step of the way figured out before you begin writing your book. You need three things to start:
1) An idea you’re excited to grow and develop - you’re gonna be spending a LOT of time with this idea, so you want to be sure that you choose the right one
2) A willingness to learn - if you’re here, you already know that you don’t know everything you’ll need to know. There’s a lot to learn when it comes to writing a book, from writing craft, the best way to structure your story/message, and even the routes to publishing.
3) Time - yep, you’ll need to commit and carve out time each week to do the work. It can be done in several hour chunks or shorter more frequent sessions, whatever works best for you.
If you’ve got these three things, no matter where you are on your writing journey, you can make it to the end.
Idea Consulting & Book Coaching
"Before finding Amy, I didn't even know where to begin with some creative projects I felt called to share with the world. It all felt too big to conquer. Amy talked me off many ledges and helped me break my ideas down into bite-sized pieces. I loved just being in Amy’s space.
Amy is an absolutely phenomenal leader and teacher. She starts with you at the foundation level and helps you to pull all this stuff out of you that you didn't even know you had. She believes in you when you can't and she genuinely cares if your book succeeds.
Be prepared to be inspired. You'll have to keep a journal to remember all the good ideas you’ll get as you work through what you want to focus on."
~Sarah Mertzlufft, Life Coach